If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email District Treasurer Kristen Truong at email@example.com. We would love to get your input on how we could better serve you!
Check out the Membership Update Center Tutorial and the Treasurer’s Schedule for Early Bird Dues.
FLORIDA DISTRICT DUES GOAL:
AT LEAST 75% OF CLUBS TURN IN EARLY BIRD DUES. The Mighty, Mighty Florida District can far exceed this goal!
What are Dues and Why Pay?
- Dues are at least $11 ($4.50 to District and $6.50 to International).
- The Florida District uses dues for its administrative/officer/board budget and to help fund the Florida Opportunity Fund (FLOF), which provides grants for service projects. Check out the FLOF tab for more information.
- International also uses the money to create and distribute materials such as various promotional materials, posters, and the Key Club magazine through the Key Club Website; for your membership card and pin; for the administrative/officer/board budget; for the Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF); International Convention; and Recognition Awards.
6 Easy Steps to Pay for Dues!
- The Membership Update Center is open for clubs to start entering members. Entering members should be done by the club secretary.
- Go to www.floridakeyclub.org/dues.
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO PAY DUES” which will take you to the Membership Update Center login page.
- Use your advisor’s email address and password that your advisor set up to login (see below for password set-up instructions).
- After you’re logged in, fill in the information or edit the information for all members (for example, delete graduated seniors).
- Once your club membership is completely updated, print the invoice and mail it with the dues check or credit card information to the address on the invoice.
How to Create a Password (completed by the Faculty Advisor)
- The first time you use the system, do not fill in your email or attempt to put in a password. Instead, click Register/Reset Password the first time you attempt to use the Member Update Center.
- Enter the faculty advisor’s email address on record and a hyperlink will be sent that email to set up your password.
- Check your email and your spam folder for the email. Note that the response is not necessarily immediate.
- If an advisor or club secretary is having problems accessing the information, send an email to member services with the problem AND include all of their contact information for updating (club’s full name, your name, email, phone). This information must be emailed.
- Clubs can now begin entering members (go to Six Easy Steps to Pay Dues above).
Early Bird Dues: December 1st; however, it is still encouraged that all clubs get their dues in by November 1 (clubs will receive a banner patch if they turn in early bird dues!).
Regular Dues: December 1st
And If We Don’t Pay Dues?
- Your club could become suspended or inactive (and require a reactivation fee to become active again) as well as become ineligible for any awards, honors, or grants such as a Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) or the Florida Opportunity Fund (FLOF).
- After a long enough period of time, the Club can actually lose its charter and have to start the long process of rechartering once again.
- Members will not be considered “in good standing” by Key Club International.
- Members cannot attend District Conference (DCON).
- Members are ineligible to receive any scholarships from International or the Florida District.
October 1st – Clubs may start the dues process in the Membership Update Center
December 1st – Early Bird Dues deadline
December 31st – First time late notice to Key Club President and Advisors
January 15th – Faculty and Kiwanis Advisors of delinquent clubs emailed about delinquent notice to school principals
January 31st – Second late notice to Sponsoring Kiwanis
February 1st – Clubs who have not paid dues become suspended
February 15th – School principal sent notification of delinquent dues status
October 1st – Clubs who have not paid dues become inactive, and if they pay dues in the next year they must pay a $100 reactivation fee.